Saturday, November 04, 2006

This Election is All About the War on Terror

As much as most democrats want the election tomorrow to be about their hated enemy, George Bush, our votes are really about the future of Western culture. Today, a heroic handful of our fellow citizens are fighting like hell in Iraq to pin down the most dangerous enemy we have faced sinced World War II. Of course, the party out of power wants to use our difficulties there to get back into power. But they have no idea what to if they are put back at the controls. I would no more want Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Shumer in charge of our foreign policy than I would have them pilot the 737 I plan to board in two weeks for a flight to Chicago. Things can always go more smoothly in Iraq, I have no doubt. But for the life of me, I can't understand why anyone thinks the party that spawned John Kerry would be able to accomplish that.

Toronto Sun columnist Rachel Marsden says it better than I do, so check it out : http://www.torontosun.com/News/Columnists/Marsden_Rachel/2006/11/04/2231233-sun.html

No comments: